So, what exactly is non-surgical treatment?
For orthopedic pain, non-surgical treatment is often your best first-line option.
Non-surgical treatment options include:
- Medications to reduce pain, swelling, and muscle spasm while your body heals
- Active physical therapy for strengthening of the low back muscles and abdominal muscles and improved mobility
- Trigger point injections
- Use of ice to decrease inflammation in the tissues
- Training in proper body mechanics and correct posture
- Corticosteroid injections
- Synvisc injections
When is Non-Surgical the Best First-Line Treatment?
Only thorough diagnostic testing will truly tell us if surgery can be avoided. We regularly treat the following conditions:
- Injuries to the musculoskeletal system
- Sprains, strains, and torn ligaments
- Back pain, neck pain, ruptured discs
- Joint pain (knee, ankle, hip, shoulder, elbow)
- Arthritis and bursitis
- Sports-related injuries
- Work-related or motor vehicular injuries
- Post-surgical rehabilitation
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons